Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are your hours?
A. You can order from us online 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If you prefer not to do an on-line order you can phone it in. We are here Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. central time. One of our friendly customer service representatives would be happy to take your order.
Q: What is your toll free phone number?
A: Our toll free number is 1-866-210-0072.
Q: What is your email address?
A. For our retail site – The Sewphisticated Stitcher - email email@example.com
Q: Is your website secure?
A: Yes, we have a fully secure online shopping cart!
· Secure Socket Layer (SSL): Discount Embroidery Blanks uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time Discount Embroidery Blanks & The Sewphisticated Stitcher asks for a credit card number during checkout for payment, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on our servers.
· CISP Compliance: Discount Embroidery Blanks & The Sewphisticated Stitcher is certified CISP-compliant. Created by Visa and MasterCard, the Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) outlines a standard for security procedures for merchants and service providers that store, process, or transmit cardholder data.
· McAfee SECURE: As an additional layer of protection for our customers we have contracted with McAfee to do a daily security scan. They test for possible personal information access, links to dangerous sites, phishing, and other online dangers.
Q: How soon do you ship orders?
A. If an order is placed before 11:00 a.m. central time, those orders will ship the same day. If orders are placed on the weekends, they will be shipped out on Monday (depending of course if everything is in stock).
Q: How soon can I get my order?
A. Since, we are centrally located in the state of Wisconsin, most orders should be received with 4 (four) days.
Q: How often is your website updated with new and out of stock products?
A: Our website is updated daily, sometimes more than once a day.
Q: What is your shipping policy?
A. We have a shipping policy page with all the information you need Click here for The Sewphisticated Stitcher policy
If you have further questions, please give us a call.
Q: How do you ship?
A: We use FedEx standard ground or priority mail.
Q: How can I save money on shipping costs?
A. If you place an order on both of our sites, Discount Embroidery Blanks, our wholesale site and The Sewphisticated Stitcher, our retail site, within 90 minutes of each other, we will waive the shipping costs on The Sewphisticated Stitcherorder. Please note: The shipping costs is removed AFTER you place your order. We will remove the charge BEFORE we charge your credit card, or if you have paid with PayPal, we will give you a PayPal refund.
Q: Can I get a faster shipping method?
A. Yes, you can. If you need your order in a hurry you MUST call in prior to 11:00 a.m. central time. We will need to pick and package up your order to calculate the cost. The shipping costs are based on the weight, the dimensions of the package, as well as its destination. We offer overnight, 2 day express, or 3 day express.
Q: Do you handle COD (cash on delivery)?
A. Sorry, no we do not offer a COD option. All orders must be paid prior to being shipped.
Q: Do you handle backorders?
A. Sorry, we do not do backorders. We will contact you when an item is not available and you will have the option to pick another item/color or adjust your order and ship. As you well know, shipping costs have become so expensive that we are no longer able to send backorders.
Q: If an item is out of stock, how soon before it is in?
A. Out-of-stock items are usually here within 7 to 10 business days of placing the order. We make every attempt to update the website if an item will take longer than that. You can always call if you need a more specific date.
Q: How do I maneuver through the website?
A. We have buttons located down the left hand side for each “department” of the website as well as images you can click on. We also offer a full function search bar located at the top left of each page.
Q: How do I find the pricing of your products?
A. Our website does contain pricing information. If you don’t see it, you probably haven't gone far enough. The website is set up in layers. Click to the next level. The pricing should be there for you.
Q: What do I do if I am having trouble paying with my PayPal account?
A. Usually when there is a high volume of orders being placed, sometimes PayPal accounts will not work properly. There is a way around it. Simply choose credit card as your payment option. In the drop down menu where you select Visa, MasterCard, etc...the last selection will state: Call in credit card number. Choose that option and you will not have to input your credit card number. In the comments section, put "send me a PayPal invoice". We will then send you a PayPal invoice, so watch your email. Once paid, your order will be processed and shipped.
Q: Why didn't I receive a confirmation email for my order?
A. You should automatically receive an email confirmation of all online orders within moments of placing your order.
· On-line Orders: If you did not receive a confirmation email, it is usually because your was not physically placed and it is still sitting in your shopping cart or you supplied us with the wrong email address. When you place an order, you will receive a confirmation email instantaneously.
· Phone Orders: If you place an order over the phone, you will not receive a confirmation email unless you ask us to send you one. You will need to supply us with your email address, so that we can send you a copy of your invoice. If you need the tracking number(s), you will also need to specify that. Otherwise, your packing slip will be your invoice when you receive your package.
Q: May I use your wholesale site? (Discount Embroidery Blanks)
A. Yes, you may use our wholesale site. As long as you can meet the minimum requirement of a $50 order, you may take advantage of the wholesale pricing.
Q: Do you need my tax ID number?
A. If you are located in Wisconsin and/or shipping to Wisconsin then yes, we need your tax ID number. Otherwise, we do not charge tax on your order.
Q: Are they any coupons or promotional codes available?
A. From time to time we do offer discount coupons on our retail site, The Sewphisticated Stitcher. You can find them on the featured products or coupon page. We do not offer discount coupons on our wholesale site, Discount Embroidery Blanks, as the prices are as low as they can go - typically 25-50% lower than the prices on The Sewphisticated Stitcher.
Q: Do you offer embroidery services?
A. Sorry no, we do not offer embroidery services. We only show embroidered items on our website to give our customers ideas and inspiration. Check your local yellow pages or do a Google search for a local embroiderer. I like to recommend EmbroidMe. They are a nationwide franchise company offering embroidery services for both large and small jobs.
Q: What does it mean when I choose "assorted"?
· Choose your own colors: If you choose assorted, but would like to pick your colors, simply list your colors selections and quantities in the comments section on the checkout page, the. Make sure your selection equals the amount you actually ordered.
· We choose colors for you: If you choose assorted as your color option, but do not indicate any choices in the comments box, we will give you an assortment of available colors.
Q: What is QuickStitch Embroidery Paper?
A. QuickStitch Embroidery Paper is similar to the consistency of wallpaper. It is very flexible and has a photographic quality, meaning the quality of the color is very vibrant. QuickStitch is a very fibrous paper that will hold up to the repeated perforations of embroidery without tearing. It can be easily inserted into our huge assortment of acrylic items.
Q: Can I use QuickStitch Paper through my printer?
A: No, QuickStitch Embroidery Paper is not made to go through your printers.
Q: Do the neoprene Insulator / coolers come flat?
A. Yes, they come flat and they are un-sewn. You will need to stitch up the sides when you have finished embellishing them.
Q: How do I embroider a product that you sell?
A. We have created multiple YouTube videos for your convenience. We show you how to create cover buttons, embroider on mouse pads, totes and bags, embroider on QuickStitch Paper for our acrylic products as well as how to make key fobs and belt accessories. If you need any other video help, just let us know.
Q: Is there a better way to order thread?
A. You can order thread by the number or by color. If you would like to just choose a color and quantity, you may list your selection in the comments section when you check out. For large orders, you can always email your color selections to us and we can match it up with your order. We accept Excel files or Word documents.